Responsible for creating or auditing a comprehensive estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage claims in specialty lines leading to the proper disposition. Responsible for training, mentoring, controlling quality and providing technical assistance on material damage claims.
- Possesses strong estimating fundamentals in order to create or audit estimates of damages on 1st and 3rd party material damage losses of all severities
- Possesses a deep understanding of the content of all policy types written by the company
- Negotiates settlements, makes settlement payments and documents all activities in the most complex of files across multiple lines
- Evaluates settlement alternatives by reviewing regulatory compliance and fair claims practices; makes decisions on best option
- Builds mastered relationships with both internal and external customers across multiple lines
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Possess knowledge of estimatics software (Mitchell/CCC/Audatex, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess effective skills in time management, organization, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.