US Wire Group is the parent of three independent companies (five manufacturing facilities) which produce steel wire and cable/wire related products that serve many industries. The independent business model fosters entrepreneurship and growth and allows professional development at all levels. US Wire Group is part of the Metals Processing Group and wholly owned by The Heico Companies, LLC.
Our philosophy of developing a close customer contact to provide prompt, responsive service and to meet our customer's changing needs allows us to be leaders within our respective industries. Products are marketed domestically through a direct sales force, manufacturer's representatives and an established network of independent distributors. Our company is diverse and has a solid management base, product/market niches and efficient manufacturing capabilities.
This position is responsible for operating equipment used in the treatment of spent process water for discharge into municipal sewers, operates stormwater treatment plant, and manages WADOE regulated waste in the facility, including hazardous wastes.
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treatment facility
- Dumps specified amounts of chemicals into water or adjust automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to clarify water.
- Starts agitators to mix chemicals and allow impurities to settle to bottom of treatment tanks
- Turns valves to regulate water through filter presses
- Pumps purified water into holding tanks to be sent to METRO water sites
- Tests water samples to determine acidity and impurities
- Complete specific system maintenance activities such as systems clean up, pit sludge removal, and changing filter media
- When effluent is out of compliance, operator is expected to determine cause and take corrective action
- Understand and know Federal, State, and local environmental laws and be able to apply them to situations
- Maintain proper quality specifications
- Monitors for spills
- Maintain proper quality specifications
- Maintain required housekeeping of work area and observes all safety rules
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- High School or Equivalent
- 1 to 2 years' experience with wastewater treatment preferred
- Be able to gain, understand, and apply Federal, State, and Local Environmental laws regarding wastewater treatment
- Must be able to use Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be able to do basic math, algebra, and geometry
- If needed must be able to obtain "Operator in Training Certification" from State of Washington Department of Ecology
- Must be able to understand and apply basic principles of chemistry (i.e. pH, acids/bases)
- Must pass classwork in RCRA and DOT
- Must be able to obtain a basic understanding of process flow and reactions occurring within each component of the wastewater treatment and acid recovery system
- Must be able to pass preemployment background, drug/alcohol, and physical screenings
- Must be able to work independently, as a team, and be able to work with both internal and external customers
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Must join Union upon completion of 30 days of employment
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States of America
This job has expired.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment around metals
- Sight - hand and eye coordination, depth perception needed to operate, adjust, and quantify chemicals and equipment
- Hearing - must be able to hear others and warning sounds of forklift and other heavy machinery
- Speech - must be able to communicate effectively with others while working
- Smell - must be able to smell various chemicals and gasses
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods - frequent to constant
- Must be able to squat, stoop, twist, climb, crawl, reach, grasp, and fine manipulation, and bend occasional to frequent
- Must be able to be able to lift/carry 50+ lbs - occasional