Tripadvisor B2B is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, and creative Vice President of B2B Product Management to help us grow our global business lines. Reporting to the GM of Hospitality Solutions, you will be responsible for helping lead a team that owns the strategy, roadmap, and development of our B2B product portfolio including our Meta Auction, Hospitality Solutions and Media Solutions business lines.
Successful candidates will take a data-driven approach to product development, exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, and display an ability to balance multiple competing priorities while maintaining a rapid pace of product delivery. You will work closely with our Business Line Leaders (BLLs) as well as functional leaders in Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Strategy and FP&A to ensure that the team successfully executes on its mission and vision. You will be expected to own, manage and analyze our existing products and business lines and help identify compelling new opportunities to drive outsized business results. As the key leader on the B2B Product team, you will need to be an experienced and effective people manager, capable of providing guidance, feedback and direction to an energetic team of Product Managers at various levels in their career.
The position requires working closely with stakeholders across both Tripadvisor B2B & B2C to allow us to improve our existing products as well as enabling appropriate tradeoff discussions. As a result, you will need to demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration skills and be a creative problem solver capable of building consensus across a large global organization. Ideally, you are also a confident presenter, comfortable speaking both internally and externally at industry events or talking with key clients about how we can partner to achieve their strategic objectives.
What You'll Do
Drive product strategy, roadmapping, and execution across the organization
Create and empower a professional product management discipline.
- Set product vision and roadmap for the entirety of the B2B business. Work with the B2B leadership team to ensure a robust product vision and roadmap is set and adhered to across existing marketing solutions and new SaaS solutions for our hospitality customers.
- Think strategically and continually evangelize that strategy. You will hone a compelling product strategy that includes a strong understanding of:
- Who our customers really are
- What it means to win in in the B2B Market
- How to differentiate our products from competition
- How to build compelling and remarkable products for our hospitality partners, as well as consumers
- Make cross-functional, strategic trade-offs.
- Working with key stakeholders - GM's, BLL's and cross functional leaders in B2B & B2C to develop strategic product planning and prioritization OKRs and longer term investment plans for final review and agreement within B2B's leadership. Further examples:
- Partner with Engineering to drive world class execution of the product roadmap, including: defining our platform architecture and standards; building consistent processes; harnessing test and data-driven approaches; and delivering high-quality, high-impact work
- Work with Product Marketing to develop a clear and compelling Marketing Strategy for our products, including: building awareness of our unique solutions and help develop the pricing and packaging strategy
Help set and iterate on our cross-company product management processes.
- Recruit, develop and retain experienced product managers who have overseen multiple stages of the lifecycle of high use products. Your people management efforts will enable the organization to ship products at scale and manage them through their lifecycle.
- Empower PMs in their organization to work effectively and get things done. Help PMs to navigate internal politics and stakeholders. The VP product should also clearly define, and get cross-company buy-in on, the roles and responsibilities of PMs and the adoption of simple product processes.
- Foster a strong product culture that focuses on the importance of execution - relying on continuous, rapid testing and learning. The PM's understand that they need to make mistakes in order to learn, but they need to make them quickly and mitigate the risks. They understand the need for continuous innovation. They know that great products are the result of true collaboration. They respect and value their designers, UX researchers and engineers. They understand and align around the power of a motivated product team.
- Build programs to train and support new PMs through mentoring and training. Focusing on the modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process.
- Represent product management at the executive level while working well with your peers. Product is the central spoke in communicating with, integrating feedback from, and pushing back on design, research, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, customer support, and other functions. You will develop deep relationships with each organization and be able to work with many different functions and personality types effectively.
Who You Are:
- Develop processes needed to run product development efficiently, prioritize product decisions, and launch products. This includes experience with multi-function go-to-market planning, writing simple product requirement documents and navigating cross-functional input and trade-offs for products. Ensure adoption of these processes by B2B and core stakeholders.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in online advertising, SaaS solutions and product development
- Must be well versed and experienced with SaaS backrounds preferred, including familiarity with online advertising technologies & auction based solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and develop a high performing and at times geographically dispersed team
- Proven excellence as leader in product management, capable of driving high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
This job has expired.