Group 1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001's culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets - our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
We are seeking a seasoned Vice President of Governance for our technology department. This role is critical in shaping and overseeing governance processes, Technology controls and compliance, technology finance, vendor management, and broadly functioning for the technology organization. Additionally, this role will temporarily spearhead organizational change management initiatives for our ongoing technology transformation program, ensuring alignment with our strategic objectives.
The individual in this role is responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement robust governance frameworks and policies for the technology department, ensuring compliance and operational efficiency.
- Own and ensure technological controls are in place and being executed adequately.
- Oversee the Program Office, aligning technology projects and initiatives with business goals and ensuring timely and within-budget delivery.
- Manage technology finance, including budgeting, forecasting, and cost optimization strategies.
- Lead vendor management processes, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with technology partners and suppliers.
- Act as the operational leader, ensuring that the technology department operates efficiently and aligns with the broader business strategy.
- Drive the organizational change management aspect of the technology transformation program, ensuring minimal disruption and maximum adoption within the organization.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align technology initiatives with business needs and strategic direction.
- Implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of technology operations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and agility within the technology team.
- Provide leadership and direction to the technology team, promoting professional development and high performance.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field; additional certifications in governance or change management are advantageous.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in technology leadership roles, with substantial experience in governance, program management, and operations.
- Proven track record in leading technology transformation initiatives and change management in a large organization.
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing technology budgets and resources.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of influencing and engaging stakeholders across the organization.
- Deep understanding of the insurance industry and its regulatory environment is preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to operate strategically and tactically, with a focus on delivering results.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.