Vice President, Head of Casualty Pricing
Everest Insurance Company
It's an exciting time for Everest Group, Ltd. ("Everest")! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
Everest is a growth company with $14 Billion of Gross Written Premium offering Property, Casualty and specialty products among others, through its various operating subsidiaries located in key markets around the world. Everest has been a global leader in reinsurance with a broad footprint, deep client relationships, underwriting excellence, responsive service and customized solutions. Our insurance arm draws upon impressive global resources and financial strength to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Our financial strength is evident in Financial Agency Ratings of: A+ A. M. Best, A+ S&P Global and A1 Moody's Investor Service. We are a market leader for our broad diversified income streams, strong underlying underwriting performance with reduced volatility and strong cash flow. We take pride in being known in the industry as nimble, entrepreneurial and responsive.
About the role:
The Actuarial Pricing of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Group, Ltd. is looking for a VP, Head of Casualty Pricing to join our Warren, NJ or New York City office.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Partner as critical member of the Actuarial Pricing leadership team.
- Lead a team of about 10 employees, including both managers and individual contributors.
- Lead the actuarial pricing support for casualty business written in Everest Insurance. Key accountabilities include the delivery of:
- Individual account pricing
- Plan loss ratio analyses
- Pricing model and tiering enhancements
- Loss ratio and price monitoring
- Line of business analyses
- Rate filing support
- Portfolio deep dives
- Work closely with underwriting management on strategy, prioritization, and training.
- Partner with the actuarial analytics team to enhance pricing models and tiering via predictive models.
- Monitor external developments, particularly those that impact commercial auto liability, general liability, umbrella, and workers compensation.
- Key Change Management initiatives:
- Roll out and enhancement of Technical Price & Tiering
- Development of State of the Line insights, tools, and organizational communication
- Create development opportunities for direct reports and their staffs.
- Produce ad hoc reports and insights as required for senior management.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- 10+ year actuarial experience and an ACAS or FCAS designation
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred, including but not limited to Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
- Expertise in pricing casualty business.
For NYC Only
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen with a focus on execution and delivery.
- Demonstrated success in managing managers and leading in a hybrid and/or remote environment.
- Demonstrated success in driving execution on multiple projects across multiple lines of business and business segments simultaneously.
- Technical know-how including Excel, VBA, SQL and Python.
- Travel: 10%
: The base salary range for this position is $260,000 - $330,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.Our Culture
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
New York, NY
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.