Underwrite new and renewal business which includes solicitation, selection, rejection, and pricing of complex risks. Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations. Analyze quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepare reports accordingly. Participate in the development of agency management strategy and contribute to the development and execution of agency plans. Develop client relationships and coordinates service team efforts. Provide technical guidance to coworkers. Through technical collaboration and guidance, work within established authority on assignments of increasing complexity.
- Effectively identify, market and underwrite prospective accounts in targeted industries
- Direct and monitor underwriting activities as required to produce positive profit and expense results within area of responsibility
- Develop strong relationships with local Brokers/Agents and effectively articulate PMA's appetite. Solicit, review, and coordinate new business opportunities with agents and service team
- Demonstrate high level of planning and organizational skills to effectively manage workload and outside activities
- Exhibit high levels of teamwork, leadership, customer service, and persistence
- Provide strong analytical ability, and sound judgment to make informed and accurate decisions
- Show initiative to handle territorial assignments, developing individual plans for successfully meeting key goals
- Consult with Risk Control and Claims Representatives to bring value-added service to customers
- Develop business plan with each assigned agent for profitability of book, growth, and renewal strategies
- Provide feedback to agents, producers, and internal management to focus on business plans and efficiencies.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required - CPCU preferred
- Minimum 3-5 Years experience in Commercial Lines
- Prior experience in or knowledge of Minnesota, Wisconsin and/or Michigan markets and ability to travel within these markets is strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills in Workers Compensation, General Liability and Automobile
- Property and Umbrella experience is a plus
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated individual with a proven track record of premium growth and profitability in handling a book of business
- Superior marketing skills and familiarity working with agents and brokers of all types.