Duties and Responsibilities (*Indicates an Essential Function)
- *Proven ability to perform all Duties and Responsibilities of a T-2 andT-3
- *Irreproachable knowledge of tank bites, placing strong back(s) on repeater(s) and torque down
- *An absolute and has transferable knowledge of hoist and slings
- *Able to detect, rectify and verify completion of crosses in cable
- *Guides monorail switches ensuring operation completes without droppage
- *The pilot in attaching ends and half hitching with extreme proficiency
- *Accomplished in Dip Tank working and able to facilitate operations pertaining to Dip Tanking
- *Has complete situational awareness of surrounding areas at all times of self and crew
- *Certified and skilled in pier crane operations and able to guide crew in proper ground hand/arms signals
- *Strongest of leadership skills in all movements related to ends placement, splice box/repeater moves, pass line inspection, hoist, monorail, crane, and forklift certifications/operations
- *Verifies all work of assigned crew is thoroughly accurate
- *Provides effort in all levels of work tasks, including cleaning the work area as needed
- *Master of various powered industrial equipment such as fork trucks, pallet jacks, load lifter with and w/o mafi trailer, mafi trailer operation,110T\75T aerial lifts and track mobile for poly cars (poly cars daylight hours only)
- *Directs container, Asset/Dev reel moving and setup ensuring best practices are followed
- *Directs and verifies all compliances for loop out and test ends
- *Superior knowledge and organization of Pan moves, releases and production flow
- *Subject matter expert (SME) of ship docking, loading and undocking
- *Responsible as Ship Forman for the safety for all onsite personal/temps who are assigned to shipload
- *Runs the repeater crew for the Ship when repeaters and splice boxes are on ship
- *Ensures all equipment for shiploads are ran efficiently and effectively to ensure safety of tank crew and cable
- *Manages shipload logs and ensures they are correct per release schedule
- *Expert setting up quadrants/equipment on ship in accordance with best practices
- *Complete knowledge of ship crew rankings
- *Rectifies flaws with the flake and checks regularly throughout shift to ensure correct processes are followed
- *Directly supervises loading of items onto ship and works cross-functionally with repeater crew to ensure safe transition of items from bell mouth
- *Certified and master operator of pier crane
- *Specialist in ground control hand/arm signals and able to while operating load lifter, cranes and poly car moves (poly car daylight hours only)
- *Effectively and precisely gives direction using 2-way communication
- *Promotes job and process improvement as it relates to the department (through 5S and other improvement initiatives).
- Directs a variety of shipload processes and performs them safely and proficiently
- Liaison for SubCom during Coast Guard inspections/customs
- Intermediate computer typing skills to preform Lead responsibilities when directed
- Ability to bridge language barriers effectively and consistently
- Responds to multiple production assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Overtime may be required, based on business need; regular attendance required
- Other duties as assigned and as workflow dictates
- Obtains TWIC badge and renews before expiration
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- One or more years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written
- and oral instructions
- Efficiently use measuring equipment, including but not limited to tape measures, calipers, verniers and micrometers
- Possess the ability to react to changes of responsibility throughout the day
- Must have the flexibility to respond to multiple assignments
- Ability to work any shift, including nights and weekends
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
Ability to pass a "Fit for Duty" physical exam. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment for each task, including, but not limited to, safety boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, hard hat, dust mask, etc.
- Climb up and down from equipment; climb up and down a ladder and work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and
- occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, or handle objects, tools and controls.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs regularly.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently.
- Ability to talk and/or hear frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
- perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors regularly in all elements.
- Ability to enter into and work within confined space.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.