Cretex Medical is a leading contract manufacturer of precision components and assemblies for the medical device industry. Our customers view us as a trusted partner in the areas of injection molding, laser processing, metal stamping and device assembly. Learn more at www.cretexmedical.com.
Tool Room Supervisor Position Summary:
The Tool Room Supervisor will support the injection molding business unit and be responsible for directing and coordinating tooling maintenance and repairs and staff to ensure production objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with customer delivery and quality requirements. This role drives continuous improvement to the methods of tool maintenance and related processes and ensures a safe and procedural compliant work environment.
Tool Room Supervisor Responsibilities:
QualificationsTool Room Job Requirements:
- Lead the tool room to complete planned and unplanned maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Communicate to production and planning partners the status of tools in repair
- Look for opportunities to improve preventative maintenance schedules and reduce unplanned downtime on tools
- Ensure the production schedule is attained and issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain quality and safety by establishing and enforcing standards
- Communicate and deliver employee communication tools for job performance to include annual performance goals, employee recognition, training, and development, coaching and counseling
- Lead staff through visual metrics and tiered accountability meetings
- Enforce company standards by following and enforcing policies and procedures
- Lead project management activities and teams
- Drive process improvements in quality, delivery, inventory, and safety procedures
- Ensure work instructions, set up sheets, and checklists are used and understood
- Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of tool room experience working in the molding industry, preferably medical molding
- Associate degree in machine trade technologies, die making, molding
- Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Organizational skills
This job has expired.
- CNC and CAD experience preferred
- Mold maintenance experience preferred
- Supervisory Certificates
- Quality and/or Operational Excellence training such as Lean, Six-Sigma, ASQ-CQE, etc.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001/13485
- Mechanical Aptitude