What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart is hiring Preventative Maintenance Technicians to support the General Maintenance trades within our Walmart stores.
- In this role you must be able to diagnose, repair and perform preventative maintenance duties for all commercial equipment as needed to support our Walmart stores
- This position will be responsible to develop preventative maintenance schedules and complete assigned PMs in the timeframe outlined, as well as conduct training for Store Associates regarding care and cleaning of equipment
- Along with performing PMs, you must be able to complete common repairs identified in the PM
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Effective communication is key in this role as you will be working with Store Associates, Maintenance Associates and Walmart Operations and Facility Services leadership
Required Work Experience:
- Maintain Preventative Maintenance for all General Maintenance trades in a region of approximately 28 Walmart stores
- Complete and adhere to all training requirements to safely operate and maintain food service equipment
- Must be able to log into and utilize industry standard work order management system to accept and complete work requests
- Conduct daily inspections after service by walking the area and checking for cleanliness and repair needs
- Provide training to Store Associates weekly regarding care and cleaning of equipment
- Evaluate asset condition and submit recommendations for replacement to management
- Develop and maintain parts inventory required to support preventative maintenance program in assigned area
Preferred Work Experience:
- 5+ years of service experience in commercial maintenance
- Familiarity with operating and performing service of equipment including programming and installation
- Job specific experience with servicing equipment from major industry manufacturers (Crown Equipment, Yale, Mart Cart, GE, Raymond, Nissan, Tennant, Toyota, Amigo, Nilfisk, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in commercial maintenance
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
3579 S HIGH ST, COLUMBUS, OH 43207-4008, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+