Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with business strategies, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, managing own organization through reliable systems and processes, and producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary
Responsible for leading a team of Talent Acquisition professionals. Develop strong and trusting relationships with team members and clients by collaborating on resource needs, search strategies and talent development. Frame up business issues and present solutions. Demonstrate business acumen and subject matter expertise on using the latest trends and technology. Accountable for team's overall recruiting process integrity and effectiveness by proactively measuring, reporting and improving results.
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best available internally or externally.
- hiring for diversity and balance of skills.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Lead, mentor, and develop assigned talent acquisition professionals.
- Ensure team effectiveness in delivering high quality candidates.
- Guide team in performing to required levels of output; provide training and coaching as needed.
- Proactively manage and report on team and individual requisition workload distribution to ensure resources are flexed and optimized in order to meet variable business needs across multiple business units and client groups. Serve as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- Recognize and celebrate team successes.
- Evaluate existing recruitment processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies from the application to hire process.
- Partner with stakeholders on developing and implementing process improvements.
- Proactively audit internal SLA's and recommend changes as needed.
- Consistently analyze staffing trends and results for continuous improvement.
- Regularly implement, review and analyze internal customer and candidate satisfaction survey results/feedback.
- Identify trends in feedback and provide follow up for issue resolution and/or appropriate communication to the businesses.
- Review existing recruitment programs and marketing outreach.
- Develop new and innovative ways to access untapped markets and partner cross-functionally to create robust marketing plans.
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for limited client groups by defining sourcing strategy, generating qualified applicants, assessing talent effectively, partnering with hiring leaders and stakeholders, to deliver top talent to meet hiring targets.
- Serve as a talent advisor for recruitment decisions with knowledge of the organization and expertise for external markets.
- Work with hiring leaders to design and implement highly effective, results-driven recruiting strategies for assigned groups.
- Visit client groups to develop thorough understanding of department culture.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior leaders, identify and frame up issues, and present strong business solutions.
- Participate in business growth functional initiatives and special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with other HR and Recruitment work streams, as needed, for planning, design and development of policies and practices.
- Makes budget recommendations to support TA objectives for respective team.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge and experience in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology) as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Human Resources or applicable area of experience.
- 5 years of progressive responsibility in Talent Acquisition with 2 years' experience working in a high volume, high turnover recruiting area.
- 2 years previous management experience leading professional group preferred
- Works with limited supervision recognizing when additional leadership guidance is needed.
- Communicates potential risk and recommends solutions to appropriate business leaders regarding Talent Acquisition issues.
- Requires a working knowledge of Talent Acquisition policies, practices and relevant employment laws.
- Able to work in typical office environment with extensive computer usage.
- Position will require ability to travel up to 10%.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture