Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career?At CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer a(n):
CobbFendley is seeking a System Administrator/Senior IT Technician in our Houston, Texas office.
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions; Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and Sustainable Solutions
The successful candidate’s most important qualifications include the following.
- Advanced Networking LAN\WAN (Dell N & S series switches).
- Minimum 5+ years in network design & implementation.
- Advanced knowledge in VMWare, ESXi and Veeam
- Strong knowledge in Azure AD, Intune and Microsoft 365
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; amicable.
- Process oriented, with great attention to detail.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Design and Implement network architecture.
- Troubleshoot\epair\Improve existing network solutions.
- Performance and security of all WAN\LAN devices.
- Research, implement and maintain network monitoring solution.
- Keep all network devices firmware updated and operational.
- Document network map and all processes in Visio or equivalent software.
- Assist System’s Admin with AD, DNS, DHCP and server related tasks.
- Assist with backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform independent research and delegate changing priorities.
- Work with minimal supervision and deliver accurate work product that is error free.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
If and when the duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST. Frequent night and weekend work, as well as occasional out of town travel may be required.
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
This job has expired.
Pre-Employment Screenings.All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
Work Authorization + Sponsorship.Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
External Recruiting Agencies.CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.