The Moderna DMPK team is looking for a talented, curious, and motivated scientist with DMPK knowledge and experience to provide assay support to LNP-mRNA therapeutic projects across multiple disease areas and to contribute to refining the application of ADME and PK principles to this novel therapeutic modality. The successful candidate will work in the lab and set up appropriate assays to determine the role of drug metabolism in the disposition of LNP-mRNA modality. Applicants should be self-starters with well-developed communication and influencing skills who have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a team driven, rapidly evolving, interactive scientific environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Understand, use, and explain PK/ADME principles to inform and guide the design, assessment, and selection of viable LNP-mRNA therapeutic candidates to discovery project teams
- Collaborate with in house ADME experts to develop the ADME and IVIVE assays important to Moderna therapeutic modality development
- Actively engage with the DMPK team to conduct studies which increase understanding and applicability of ADME and DDI relevance to LNP-mRNA therapeutic development
- Effectively engage with the project team members to inform and influence study/experimental design and project decisions, develop and execute DMPK scientific plans, and critically review/assess quality of team data and their suitability to inform project decisions
- Collaborate with partner functions to devise and implement therapeutic DMPK strategies
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- PhD in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years, MS with 6+ years, or BS with 8+ years of BioPharma industrial experience in DMPK
- Expertise in the application of regulatory (FDA, EMA, PMDA) DMPK and ADME principles and standard industry practices pertaining to PK, ADME, and DDI analysis of biomolecular therapeutics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with writing reports to support regulatory filings is a plus.
- Experience with hepatocytes and 3D cultures, such as, organ-on-a-chip, HEPATOPAC, sandwich cultures preferred.
- Nucleic acid based bioanalytical experience with High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS), LC-MS/MS, RT-qPCR, electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA) is a plus.
- Experience with biomolecule, gene therapy, or mRNA therapeutics is a plus
- Direct DMPK experience in biopharma and proficiency with PK analysis a plus
- Candidate will be diligent in documenting and communicating experimental methods/results, curious in exploring science to establish a new path for drug discovery/development and bold in proposing creative experimental designs and DMPK functional strategies. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in transforming LNP-mRNA therapeutic scientific understanding while delivering successful clinical candidates.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.