It is an exciting time to be a part of the growing Data & Analytics Enablement team at Moderna. We are driving a well-supported cloud-first strategy to enable lots of data-hungry people across the company to discover, value and act on insights from data that improve the health and well-being of millions of lives across the globe. Critical to these goals are the improvements in data discoverability, contextualization, trust, quality, access and governed consumption that this role will drive.
This role will play a key role in building data quality and data catalog service from scratch within Data & Analytics Enablement team. This an exciting opportunity for a result-driven individual with a passion for data.
This highly visible role is vital to Moderna's data strategy, will directly interface across all company functions and ultimately will support the utilization of our rapidly expanding data assets by enabling access to quality data and trusted data-driven decision-making.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Define and implement data quality & data catalog policies and procedures
- Partner with business stakeholders and internal teams to understand data issues, prioritize, design and implement data quality strategies and solutions
- Build data quality rules, monitor, proactively identify data issues and work with stakeholders to resolve it
- Build consistent data quality reporting
- Develop and maintain data catalog to ensure data discoverability and understanding
- Provide training and support to stakeholders on data quality and data catalog best practice and drive adaption
- Act as subject matter expert for data quality and catalog
- Find opportunities and automate the processes
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or equivalent with 6+ years of experience or a master's degree in computer science, engineering, science, mathematics or equivalent with 4+ years of experience
- Hands on experience in data quality and data catalog
- Proficiency in at least one data quality tools (e.g. Collibra DQ, IDQ, etc.) and data catalogs (Collibra, Informatica, Alation, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL (experience in Redshift is preferred) and ability to write complex queries
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Strong understanding of data governance principles
- Scripting/automation experience (python or any other language) is plus
- Pharma/Bio-Tech/life sciences experience preferred. Experience in Commercial or Supply Chain preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details and ability move fast
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.