This position is a critical role in the companies Smart Factory digital transformation initiative, in which the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) and Manufacturing Systems and Process Technology (MSPT) teams are partnering to deliver solutions to companies diverse global manufacturing sites.
This position has the responsibility for the solution architecture, functional design, testing, deployment and support of Smart Factory IT applications, which will also include partnering with internal teams and vendors for the technical development. The scope of this position includes utilizing and evolving available solutions and platforms, as well as, the continuous exploration of evolving Smart Factory technologies.
Provide spirited positive leadership in the design and implementation of IT systems. Challenge obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes. Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
Provide analysis, counsel, and direction to management and personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems. Maintain an understanding of manufacturing processes and the implications of computer systems on these processes.
Prepare and conduct project review meetings and management presentations including general design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system controls, procedures, systems documentation, and system implementation plan.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Develop high-level system specifications. Assist in developing system documentation. Advise on user procedures. Assist in the preparation of general test plan. Coordinate system tests.
2. Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving supervisory skills, computing technology and systems methodologies. Seek ways to expand business knowledge.
3. Conduct educational programs involving company personnel relating to computing technology and specific projects.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
5. Create and maintain architecture design and standards that are simply explained and well understood, on both the factory floor and leadership.
6. Enable an efficient and effective organization that removes barriers between tradition OT and IT roles
7. Be the architecture partner with plants and the Corporate IT organization to develop effective, low cost and highly secure smart manufacturing systems
8. Provide strategic direction, roadmap and standards within area of responsibility
9. Align business strategies with IT architecture
10. Be the solution specifier, subject matter expert and keeper of the standards for automation solutions, manufacturing software and hardware.
11. Life cycle management of IT architecture for the plant and the enterprise
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
Significant depth of expertise and track record of accomplishments in multiple IT technology areas, focusing on manufacturing and operations.
Experience working with different architectural domains including Business, Information, Application and Technology along with all sub-components / building blocks of the architectural domains. Strong experience in architecture and design of plant information network, Control network, control systems, PLC's, SCADA, plant instrumentation.
Good understanding of architectural aspects like Integration Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture etc. which plays as key IT enablers to Smart Factory technology.
Good understanding of how the MES/SCADA/PLC/Sensors are integrated and working together to support the advanced operations in a manufacturing environment.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
This job has expired.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™