Develop, implement, maintain and improve the quality of new product by proactively planning and deploying tools necessary to launch high quality products. Position is responsible to work with product development teams, suppliers, and manufacturing to develop comprehensive advanced quality plans (AQP) on new and existing products. Advanced Quality Plans consist of identifying key components, assemblies and characteristics, evaluating processes and their capabilities; identify risks (Risk Assessment-FMEA's), deploying corrective actions and validating products prior to their release for distribution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the overall development & deployment of new product advanced quality plans, processes, procedures and systems for the Toro Company.
- Participate in product team meetings and provide input to insure that the quality planning process is followed during the development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
- Facilitate Machine Risk Assessments with the product development teams to identify key components, suppliers, assemblies, and historical product risks. Investigate and perform other necessary activities to qualify key product and process capabilities and/or report on potential or known risks associated with key components, assemblies, and suppliers.
- Develop working relationships with manufacturing and appropriate suppliers to develop, implement, and audit comprehensive quality plans for components, products, and services to insure they meet the requirements of Toro and its customers.
- Report on the advanced quality planning process, through process monitoring, validation, data analysis, and use of advanced quality plans.
- Lead and participate in corrective actions, preventive actions, and continuous improvement activities; including identification, documenting, tracking, and completion of required activities that may be assigned by product development teams.
- Provide and maintain quality reports, records and plans for the supported product lines, teams, and other associated quality activities.
- All other tasks and projects as assigned.
Seven manufacturing plants, 1000+ modelsJob Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Quality Engineering or Industrial Engineering required. Master's degree is desirable.
- Experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and/or project management in a manufacturing plant setting is required.
- 5-7 years of experience, plus successful completion of at least three major product development projects.
- ASQ or AIAG Certifications in the areas of Advanced Quality Engineering, Quality Auditing, or Six Sigma is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Capacity to work independently within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work closely with internal and external resources at all levels in the areas of quality planning, risk analysis, corrective action and continuous improvement
- Proven analytical problem-solving experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines efficiently
- Must be skilled in the use of personal computers with experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, CreoView, Windchill and SAP systems
- Able and willing to travel (up to 15%)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.