The social media strategist is responsible for driving social media strategy and coordinating campaign and day-to-day activity across all Avnet and subsidiary branded social media accounts. The social media strategist is on the front lines on Avnet's global social media accounts and acts as our chief listener while supporting the various social media needs of designated business groups, including social media and marketing campaign managers around the world.
Job Level Specifications:
- Coordinates global social media center of excellence for all Avnet branded and subsidiary accounts, including the social media campaign calendar, best practices for paid and organic programs, regional guidelines, metrics, reporting, monitoring, tools and support programs
- Manages campaign planning, working with marketing managers and media buyer to recommend appropriate social media channels and tactics that align with strategic plans and best practices for paid and organic content. Appropriately briefs content and creative teams as needed and project manages completion of all necessary assets for campaigns and day-to-day content.
- Manages scheduling and posting for all Avnet global social media accounts according to editorial calendar.
- Implements online listening strategy, coordinating responses to questions and feedback on all social media channels within 24 hours. Reports social media issue escalation and implements crisis communication as directed via social media.
- Drives Avnet's social content curation strategy, including repurposing content from existing communities and user-generated content.
- Identifies key metrics and establishes tracking and reporting mechanisms across all accounts. Works with social media managers to deliver reports and strategic recommendations to leadership.
- Delivers reporting on overarching social media and community feedback and themes. Makes strategic recommendations based on data.
- Serves as Avnet's internal expert and advocate for strategic social media
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and concepts. Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact on assignments and/or projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management and frequently coordinates work between departments or organizations.
- Actions may impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work will result in the inability to reach crucial organizational goals. Erroneous decisions may have a prolonged effect resulting in the expenditure of substantial resources.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Experience using social media management tools at the enterprise level a plus
- 3+ years experience in social media marketing, managing social media programs in a global corporation, preferably with a hub-and-spoke business unit/franchise model
- Experience working in electronics industry a plus
•Passion for and solid knowledge of social media, including both paid and organic
•Experience using social media management tools (preferably at the enterprise level)
•Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style and writing for the web
•Sound judgment and commitment to editorial integrity
•Exceptional strategic thinking, project management and execution skills
•Portfolio of work demonstrates versatility across multiple formats
•Experience in B2B marketing and/or digital marketing
•Experience working in technology preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.