The Senior Software Engineer role is a technical leadership role on a software development team. As part of the Navisphere Orders team you will work closely with engineering product managers, business stakeholders, and other leaders to define, estimate, and design for complex, strategic solutions that delight our customers. You are responsible for driving innovation through leadership, influence and discussions. In addition, the role is also responsible for impacting and continuously improving our engineering process and mentoring other engineers across the organization.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Partner with product managers and principal software engineers to translate high-level requirements into detailed designs to solve complex business problems
- Design products or services by using secure programming patterns and finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications.
- Define interfaces and develop code for modules across products or services and influence or drive architectural changes
- Ensure consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure; draw from a large base of design patterns, is an expert in available technologies, and is adept at identifying practices that work well
- Identify code across multiple code bases to optimize, refactor, and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability while ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment
- Proactively troubleshoot applications and identify performance and availability issues providing effective options for resolution
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with software engineers on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Mentor and coach other software engineers, and proactively seek mentorship from others
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing commercial software across several platforms while leveraging a variety of programming languages
- Proficient creating applications and features in an object-oriented environment (ex. C#, Java)
- Proficiency developing containerized applications
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with microservices (WebAPI, Service Stack, REST API, etc.)
- Experience with Code reviews, Code optimization, Unit & Acceptance Tests
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- A growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching others to do the same
- Strong leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.