Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
Work as part of the engineering team focused on the design, development, and integration/assembly of optical fiber submarine cable systems. This role will work to develop advanced, next generation technologies for our long-haul optical systems.
- System Integration:
- Create comprehensive requirement documentation governing the assembly and integration of undersea cable systems.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of optical transmission, optical fiber performance attributes, and precise measurement techniques.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams including system designers, wet system optical engineers, marine cable route engineers, and manufacturing units to continually monitor and enhance system construction and installation processes, all while adhering to internal and client specifications.
- Optical Characterization:
- Collaborate closely with cable and hardware development teams to support optical characterizations, detailed evaluations of fiber performance and thorough assessments of new transmission fibers, cables, and hardware designs.
- Establish a strong interface with fiber suppliers, overseeing their optical performance testing, conducting detailed results analyses, and managing the introduction of new fiber/coating qualifications.
- Actively participate in Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) initiatives to ensure design robustness.
- Contribute effectively to the New Product Introduction (NPI) team, facilitating seamless design technology transfer.
- Deliver concise and comprehensive summaries of analytical findings, test outcomes, and other relevant work outputs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Optical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent is required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in optical transmission, coupled with a deep knowledge of optical fiber characterization and testing methodologies.
- Proficiency in utilizing software tools including LabView, MatLab, and the Microsoft Office Suite, harnessing their capabilities to enhance project outcomes.
- Ability to drive complex problems to root cause and implement effective solutions that are both technically robust and aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling effective interaction with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, coupled with a solid attention to intricate details which ensure project success.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our selection procedure is based on local, state and federal law.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. BENEFITS
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
SubCom engineers, manufactures, and installs subsea fiber optic data cables - the unsung heroes of global communication. With an unrelenting focus on quality, reliability, and value, SubCom offers flexible end-to-end building blocks for the high-tech networks that are the backbone of the world's digital infrastructure. Since 1955, SubCom has deployed enough cable to circle the equator more than 21 times. SUBCOM'S CORE VALUES
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.