AstraZeneca is the place to build an extraordinary career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the opportunities to expand our horizons or develop expertise. Embrace the access to industry-leading research, technology, and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
The Oncology Scientific Partnership Medical Director is a member of the Center for Innovations and Medical Excellence group within the US Medical Affairs team. In this role, you will develop and implement systems/institution plans for key sites and networks within your geographic region. Focusing on scientific, clinical, and evidence generation. This is a field-based role, covering (TX, NM, MO, AR, MS, LA), and reporting to the National Field Medical Director, Oncology SPMD. The successful candidate will be expected to live within their assigned geographic region.
Using your expertise in oncology and account management, you will define and implement a comprehensive medical strategy at identified priority US systems and networks. Successfully merging unique capabilities of assigned systems and networks with US Oncology Medical Affairs objectives.
This role is part of a collaborative matrix team that partners closely across several functional areas within US Oncology, including but not limited to, Precision Medicine, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR), Real World Evidence (RWE), Research & Development, External Alliances, National Oncology Account Director (NOAD) team, and related partners.
The SPMD will align with the NOAD team in their assigned territories and serve as their medical partner in identified accounts and networks. The SPMD will champion innovative opportunities through interactions with Cancer Center Leaders (e.g., "C & D" suite) and other USMA staff on tumor specific opportunities.
- In conjunction with USMA franchise leadership, develop, support and drive US Oncology Medical Affairs strategy at assigned US-based health systems with a focus on innovation/enterprise-wide activities
- Medical partner to NOAD for priority US-based health systems and primary medical contact for leadership within assigned US-based health systems
- Develop and maintain a clear medical account strategy plan including an enterprise-wide view that reflects the USMA, R&D, and oncology franchise objectives at assigned health systems
- Lead through influence when collaborating with other internal partners at AstraZeneca; including but not limited to HEOR, RWE, MSLs, R&D, External Alliances, and Precision Medicine
- Develop strong medical relationships across AstraZeneca functions and key scientific decision makers.
- Act as the single point of contact for medical communications to leadership in assigned US-based health systems.
- Responsible for coordinating AstraZeneca medical/scientific resources to support the needs of decision makers within assigned US-based health systems.
- Develop and drive scientific information exchanges as needed in identified US-based health systems
- Attend and participate in key conferences as needed
- Advanced Degree required in a relevant scientific field
- 3+ years' of confirmed experience of oncology specific experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Detailed knowledge of the US clinical oncology clinical landscape
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strategic influencing and matrix leadership skills to engage internal and external partners
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment across medical and commercial non-sales functions
- Existing peer-level KEE relationships and US-based health system knowledge
- Working knowledge of US healthcare landscape, including US regulatory and compliance requirements
Next Steps - Apply today!Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table?
- Doctorate in Science, Medicine, Pharmacy or equivalent area preferred; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of oncology specific experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous leadership experience in a strategy-setting role in the pharmaceutical industry
Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.