Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) invites applications for a Research Scientist II to join our research department, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Research Institute (MAPRI). This position is a full-time opportunity based out of Rockville, MD with a hybrid work model.
Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is comprised of more than 1,700 Permanente physicians and nearly 300 staff professionals who come together to make a positive impact on the health and lives of more than 800,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
Reporting to a Research Director, the Research Scientist II will design and implement major health services and cancer epidemiology-related research projects. You will lead research projects, secure grant funding (federal grants, foundations, industry), and disseminate results through peer-reviewed journal publications and conference presentations/abstracts.
You can expect to:
What is required:
- Develop an innovative research portfolio focused on cancer care delivery and outcomes, both independently and in collaboration with external partners
- Prepare grant proposals and secure extramural research funding
- Partner with research teams (data analysts, project managers, and biostatisticians) to lead research studies and ensure they are completed successfully
- Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals, and present findings at national scientific meetings
- Provide consultation and assistance as-needed for intramural research study design, analysis plans, and interpretation of results
- PhD in a relevant research discipline (e.g., epidemiology, nursing, health services research) or MD/DO with an advanced degree (e.g., MPH, MAS, MS, PhD, etc.)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of post-doctoral research (or equivalent) in cancer epidemiology, health services, or related field, preferably in a health system
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- A successful track record of extramural grant funding
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead simultaneous original research studies, and publish results
- The ability to commute to Rockville, MD, 1 day per week. (Candidates must either currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Washington D.C., Maryland, or Virginia area.)
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
- Competitive compensation package
100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and families
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, holidays, and sick leave, plus maternity and parental leave
Pension plan, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Education reimbursement
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians and staff. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.External hires must pass a background check and drug screening.We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.We value our diversity and E/O/E M/F/D/V.
This job has expired.