R3S: Medical Surg Unit
Enjoy your nursing career on a 36 bed medical unit serving adults with varying medical needs such as sepsis, cellulitis, gastrointestinal bleed, pneumonia, diabetic complications, urinary tract infection and other general medical needs. R3S works as a collaborative team to care of our patients to provide the best possible outcomes while maintaining patient's preference. This unit is also known for having a diverse learning experience for new graduates.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!NEW increased base rate pay effective November 20, 2022!
Tower takes learning to new levels with the Tower Tuition Discount Program - Up to 50% off for Eligible Employees AND Qualified Family Members who attend credit courses at Drexel University
#RHMed Responsibilities Job Duties
Qualifications Education Requirements
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Provides nursing care
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Certification and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
This job has expired.
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License