Regional Sales Manager, Community Specialties - Southern California
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Regional Sales Manager - Community Specialty opportunity in the Southern California area.
The Regional Sales Manager primary purpose is coaching, leading, motivating, developing and hiring sales professionals. Provide the leadership necessary to achieve sales goals for Astellas' products and services within a region. Maximize business growth through close collaboration with Area Director, Marketing, Managed Markets Manager, and Training and Development. Manage Sales Professionals and provide consistent and uniform direction to team regarding execution of sales and marketing strategies and tactics. Develop the field team within the region, focusing on managing performance and career progression. Ensure the optimal allocation of resources across the region and maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
- Identify and maximize talents on the team. Provide growth opportunities, development and appropriately distribute rewards/recognition and development where appropriate based on the sales professionals achievements and performance.
- Coach and counsel sales professionals on improving selling skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for successful development. Regularly participate in field visits with sales professionals to assess their growth and development in territory management, sales strategy and approach.
- Foster proactive and open communication within team and set expectations and high standards of performance for each team member. Establish and maintain an effective communication system among regional sales professionals and across regional boundaries.
- Demonstrate strong and clear leadership through consistent communication and direction, and assume direct responsibility for achieving sales goals within region. Maximize productivity and sales effectiveness within region by executing sales and marketing plans and promotional activities.
- Analyze selling opportunities to identify top priorities and drive market share through project implementation. Direct and align efforts related to business strategic plan; ensure that Astellas' long-term goals are achieved in region; effectively allocate resources and manage region budget; and monitor and understand sales trends and competitor activities.
- Manage and understand trends and human resource needs related to recruitment, performance management, selection and development.
- Lead region recruitment and development programs, suggesting improvements based on experience to achieve diversity of talent.
- Provide ethical leadership and demonstrate Astellas' values by adhering to corporate policies and required sales practice regulations. Ensure each Sales Professional within region understands, accepts and adheres to the policies and procedures.
- Awareness and understanding of the Corporate Strategic Plan and Organization Health Goals
- Additional duties as needed.
- Responsible for achieving 100% goal attainment for multiple products within a sales region that on average contains nine (9) territories.
- Interacts with internal Astellas departments and external customers, such as Key Opinion Leaders.
- This position is responsible for achieving regional product sales and activity goals and managing team travel budgets, exhibit/display budgets, and sales material utilization budgets, all which have an impact on net sales and corporate profit.
- Reports to an Sr/Director Area Sales Primary Care & Specialty
- Entry level people manager role within field sales
- Leads on average 9 sales professionals within a sales region