$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Schedule: Part-time 24 hours. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Reporting directly to the Supervisor in Breast Imaging, and ultimately to the Breast Imaging Program Manager, the Mammography/Bone Densitometry Technologist maintain certification mammography and and performs breast imaging exams, procedures.The employee works in assigned areas at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply ionizing radiation for breast imaging diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
- Performs mammographic imaging on patients presenting for screening and/or diagnostic service, according to department protocol. Exams include screening and diagnostic mammograms with or without tomosynthesis, wire localizations, ductograms, cyst aspiration, and core biopsies including stereotactic and ultrasound guided procedures. Assists radiologists with breast ultrasound exams.
- Calculates and selects proper technical factors; operates equipment as required;properly identifies images by verify patient demographics; appropriately annotates images with lead markers denoting laterality; acquires images that meet department quality standards.
- Ensures all images are transmitted to PACS system, and exams are completed in hospital electronic medical record. Maintains working knowledge and performs accurate data entry into hospital and department electronic medical record.
- Provides education to patients regarding exam. Provides radiation protection to patients in accordance with ALARA principles and department policy.
- Assists physicians in performance of invasive procedures: prepares medications such as local anesthetics and/or contrast media. Ensures supplies are available for procedure. Practices sterile technique in setting up trays and performing procedures. Labels tissue samples appropriately. Performs first aid when necessary.
- Instructs, advises and assists Radiologic Technology students in performing mammographic exams.
- Performs duties such as transporting, transferring, immobilizing and positioning patients
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- Must have graduated from an approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts license as a Radiologic Technologist in the category of Radiography.
- To perform mammography, the incumbent must possess a valid Massachusetts license in the category of mammography in addition to radiography.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- 2-3 years experience as a radiologic technologist.
- Must be knowledgeable with quality control tests that need to be performed as well as MQSA, ARC and Mass State mammography regulations.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.