Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Material Program Manager - PDSS
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Quotation Specialist II will play a strategic role in improving our probability to win new contract work through competitive quoting and increasing company profits by understanding value proposition of products against competition. The role requires flexibility, business understanding, financial aptitude, effective communications, and the ability to handle a variety of different internal and external customers. The Quotation Specialist II will ensure prompt and thorough responses to client RFQ/P/I requests for material and subcontract pricing. Clients include new construction, service & support, and business development. Transactions at this level range from routine to complex, may involve moderately high dollar values and moderate levels of risk with heavy volume, and moderately complex commodities.
The individual in this position will utilize moderate technical knowledge to prepare quotation packages based on requirements that will come from programs, design teams, Engineering and other functions. The Quotation Specialist II must possess the ability to interpret requirements, match quoted products to customer specifications/drawings and ensure that the quote is technically compatible and competitive by communicating with the proposal teams to determine/clarify project requirements.
- Provide proposal pricing requests for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, MRO materials, equipment, tooling, supplies and/or services from suppliers.
- Understands, analyzes, documents and communicates contractual, technical and terms/conditions and has a working understanding of bid strategies and market conditions.
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain the most favorable moderately high dollar quotation possible in order to meet or exceed the proposal team's price to win target. Will have a substantial effect on the ability to achieve the price to win target and to improve the probability to win.
- Reads and interprets specifications, drawings, statements of work and other information that details requirements.
- Communicates with suppliers to discuss material specifications, clarifies and confirms bill of materials, negotiates pricing and identifies alternatives for special or custom orders.
- Communicates with internal customers to resolve problems with projects during bidding process.
- Follows-up on open and outstanding quotations with internal customers to determine status.
- Communicates with multiple internal departments including Programs, Estimating, Production Control, Finance, Contracts and other SCM functions to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete.
- Posts projects being bid by internal customers in IFS' Sales Order module. Logging and tracking of pricing activities with status from inception to completion.
- Promotes continuous improvement in the procurement organization.
- Follows all Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential (and in some cases, within the supply chain function exclusively).
- Researches and gathers moderate complexity vendor material and service quotes and incorporates them into the proposal pricing sheet.
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field and 2 years' purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotations of proposals experience required OR candidates without a degree may be considered with at least 6 years of purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotation of proposals experience.
- Incumbent individuals are required to complete the requisite courses required to be eligible for promotion to the corresponding levels.
- Experience in reading drawings / specs is preferred but not a requirement.
- Preferred work experience includes performing: Material and service sourcing activities (quoting, analyzing, negotiating, reporting supplier rationalization activities).
- Computer literate, with strong proficiency in Microsoft office products, primary being Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous individual able to work under time constraints and/or with competing priorities.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule as this position may require surge efforts depending on the stage and size of the proposal. Overtime and weekends may be required to meet deadlines and workload requirements. Proposal periods will include increased support as necessary.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to utilize structured thought processes, anticipate consequences. Recognizes critical situations and escalate as appropriate. Demonstrates high initiative and drive to address problems and drive to resolution.
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic. Basic understanding of IFS preferred; others like SAP, JD Edwards and Oracle are acceptable.
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.)
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
Incumbent will be expected to demonstrate creativity and latitude in order to meet goals and objectives established. Will require the capacity to self-direct and reprioritize activity in order to support business needs and meet deadlines. May be assigned discretionary authority to provide work direction and constructive feedback for other employees within the department. May be expected to provide input to management on the performance of team members that may affect employment actions.LIAISES WITH:
Work directly with the Proposal Team, Contracts, Business Development, Estimating, Engineering, Strategic and Tactical Buyers, Sr. Purchasing Manager, Vice President of Supply Chain, Senior Management, Materials Program Managers, Material Program Staff, Senior Logistics Manager, Compliance Coordinator (Supply Chain), document control and other administrative department personnel.HOURS OF WORK
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 40 hours per week with additional time as required or necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.