Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager or Director of Projects
Project Functional Leads
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the project team functional leads to ensure production tasks are carried out in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Ensures that the vessel construction processes are carried out to plan and to budget. • Leads the Project Team consisting of Project Coordinators and the functional department leads (including major subcontractor leads) assigned to the construction project. Focuses the sequencing of work and monitors progress against the baseline schedule and budget • Conducts weekly Project Team meetings to review and report on progress against the baseline schedule, critical path, and budget; procurement status; project risk; resource requirements; weight management; review of corrective action; and general business. • Identifies and manages project specific risks. • Ensures vessel and team preparedness in support of execution of the trials agenda
• Responsible for the construction of vessels on time and on budget.
• Monitor all Project specific labor and material budgets, forecasts, and actuals; and liaises with the Program Manager, Material Program Manager, Program Engineer, and other project stakeholders throughout the project on any cost or schedule issues.
• Ensure a prompt implementation of schedules and resource plans by all departments.
• Monitor all schedules and resource plans and resolve any abnormalities with the Functional Leads.
• During construction monitor housekeeping standards, compliance to PPE and safe behaviour and assign housekeeping responsibilities, as appropriate, to ensure a good, safe working environment for all trades.
• Ensure a smooth interaction between all Departments and external contractors and resolve any areas of conflict that may hinder the progress of the construction schedule.
• Supply input to all contract changes affecting construction and manage efficient shipboard incorporation of approved changes.
• Maintain and manage the project issue/action item list.
• Ensure vessel preparedness for each project milestone and manage/maintain applicable readiness review checklists and briefs for review with customer representatives.
• Liaise with Marketing and PR for VIP tours, photo shoots, Open Days etc.
• Monitor quality standards and give feedback to the Functional Leads.
• Monitor weight abuse on board vessels.
• Responsible for vessel security and preparations for heavy weather.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with onsite customer representatives and counterparts.
• Manage direct report compliance with Austal procedures and employee handbook.
• Identify and support program management in resolving instances of Loss, Theft, Damage, or Destroyed CFE/GFE.
• Support turnover of projects to Post Delivery through the appropriate turnover procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Bachelor's Degree in Project Management or Engineering Technology and 6 years managing shipbuilding/repair, construction, manufacturing or industrial projects required
o 10 years of experience in managing shipbuilding/repair, construction, manufacturing or industrial projects accepted in lieu of above experience
• Completion of a recognised project management course with a complete understanding of the principles of earned value, scheduling is preferred.
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Full discretionary authority to assign work
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Full discretionary authority to correct and discipline, recommend pay increase, and process grievances.
LIAISES WITH: Liaise with suppliers, external contractors, Classification Societies, Flag authorities and Customers and/or their representatives as required.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
• Must be able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance.
• All candidates must meet Austal USA's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
o 18 years or older at time of application
o Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
o No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
o No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
o Willing to submit to a drug screen
o Willing to submit to a background check
Salary Range : $118k - $155k
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago