If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will positively impact millions of people's lives, Lasko is for you! For more than 100 years, Lasko has been an industry leader in designing and manufacturing portable fans and heaters. Lasko Products is looking for new talent to join our team!
The Project Engineer- Electrical will assist in managing projects from initial concept through to development, testing, and all the way up to production. In this position, the Project Engineer- Electrical will work hands on and have the opportunity to troubleshoot failures, carry out root cause analysis and work with other engineers to ensure projects are delivered on time and meet quality requirements.
This position will work in our West Chester office.
- Responsible for managing and tracking: Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management.
- Test proof of concept models, troubleshoot PCBA hardware and develop test protocols.
- Assist in developing electromechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching, testing manufacturing, assembly methods, and materials.
- Assist in defining technical product specifications that align with consumer requirements, including developing the product specification, defining components, and building feasibility models.
- Work with our production partners to develop PCBAs, create logic diagrams and PCBA specs.
- Assess competitive products for functional and cost-improvement opportunities.
- Complete design reviews and report to the cross-functional team key findings.
- Collaborate with the UI team to create app frames.
- Confirm system and component capabilities by designing testing methods and testing properties.
- Support in the collection of project requirements from all stakeholders, managing trade-offs to meet project goals.
- Lead minor scope engineering projects, including initiating the Engineering Change Process, building the BOM, and qualifying design changes.
- Support the team in assessing existing product designs and providing improvement suggestions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in developing electromechanical products or systems.
- Experienced with Bench tools: multimeter, power supplies, logic analyzers, function generators, thermocouples, soldering irons, and hot air soldering guns.
- Experience using Excel, SharePoint, and project management software.
- Familiar with smartphone app development.
- Experience with acoustic data acquisition is a plus
Personal and Leadership Qualities
- Experience with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-controlled systems.
- Experience with connected and edge voice-controlled hardware and firmware.
- Experience with EC and PSC motors.
KPIs of which the Project Engineer will be measured by:
- A desire to continually learn about new technologies and look for ways they can benefit our end consumers.
- Ability to balance multiple small projects while maintaining schedule and cost.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
About the Company
- On-Time Product Launch
- Product Cost Attainment
- Time to Market
Lasko Metal Products was founded in 1906 by Henry Lasko in Philadelphia. Lasko designs, manufactures, assembles, and distributes portable fans, heaters, and humidifiers for the consumer market (Lasko brand), air purifiers (Germ Guardian brand), ventilation products such as range hoods and bathroom exhaust fans to the construction industry (Air King brand) and water damage restoration products such as air scrubbers and dehumidifiers (B-Air brand).Lasko’s products are sold in North America, South America, the Caribbean, and Asia. The company is recognized as the leader in the portable fan and portable heating categories and proudly operates American manufacturing, assembly, and distribution facilities across the US. Lasko’s leading market share in fans and heaters is 2X – 4X larger than the #2 brand.Lasko’s domestic production capabilities uniquely position Lasko to serve its customers.
Lasko’s Mission is to improve everyday life with trusted products which create a healthier and more comfortable environment. The company’s success is based on 5 Core Values:
- Be Bold:
- Challenge the status quo
- Courageously pursue the impossible
- Reject mediocrity
- Be Together
- Work together for success
- Drive trust and candor with each other
- Prioritize \u0022We\u0022 before \u0022I\u0022
- Be A Leader
- Lead with personal conviction
- Inspire each other to deliver high- quality results
- Leverage resilience and agility to drive excellence
- Be Accountable
- Consistently deliver to our customers
- Embrace commitments as a contract
- Take pride in our actions
- Be The Change
- Demonstrate a passion to win
- Make a difference at work in our communities
- Step forward and take initiative
The Lasko family owned and operated Lasko Products until November 2016, when private investment firms Comvest Partners and JW Levin Management Partners (“JWLMP”) acquired the business. Comvest Partners and JWLMP are committed to growing the business with investments in growth and productivity.Geographic Reach
Based in the greater Philadelphia, PA area, Lasko Products operates in locations throughout the US and Canada. The company’s Tennessee, Texas, and Pennsylvania manufacturing facilities produce both indoor and outdoor fans and heaters. The company also sources select products internationally from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India. Lasko operates distribution centers in all manufacturing locations plus Nevada and Ohio.Diversity & Inclusion
Comvest and its portfolio companies recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race/national origin, gender/gender identification, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, religious affiliation, and other protected status. We have a clear vision to be the place where diverse talent wants to come, stay, and do their best work. We know our companies run on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and smart employees. We believe that diversity within an organization creates long-term value for the organization itself and its constituents. Comvest and its portfolio companies are high performing organizations that seeks to hire hard-working and dedicated high performers. While Comvest and its portfolio companies always strive to look at a diverse pool of candidates, we will always choose the most qualified candidate for the job being recruited for, in order to strive for success for both the employee and the firm.
This job has expired.