DAP is looking to hire Production Supervisor for the Baltimore Plant.
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the production supervisor provides leadership for production teams within a high-performance environment. Has overall accountability for the results. Accountable for safety, productivity, continuous improvement, and all aspects of people management across day shifts or night shifts as assigned. Ensures MS 168 standards are met.
- Assist in selection, training, coordination and assignment/re-assignment of associates to maximize the effectiveness of personnel. Work closely with human resources and other supervisors to ensure plant policies are adhered to, and disciplinary action is both appropriate and consistent. Use lean & 6 Sigma principles to facilitate continuous improvement and reduce waste throughout operations.
- Maintain a safe work environment, ensuring that all plant policies and practices are adhered to. Take action to correct unsafe conditions, and lead safety efforts.
- Develop and/or implement procedures and processes that ensure quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Through continued emphasis on housekeeping standards and practices, develop and maintain a professional, neat and well-organized area.
- Through coordination with maintenance, appropriate assignment of crews, and implementation of improvement projects, optimize productivity of packaging equipment. Ensure that all performance data (line sheets, time sheets, etc.) is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with compounding, schedulers and packaging inventory analyst to ensure production schedules are met, and both equipment and human resources are optimized.
- Business or engineering based degree preferred.
- Manufacturing supervision job experience of at least 5 years
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skill.
- Experience with a personal computer, corporate ERP system, email, Microsoft Office suite
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP's history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/ DAP - On the job since 1865.
This job has expired.