Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle Building Envelope® (OBE) Wausau is not your average window manufacturer. We have quietly become one of the best employers in the Wausau area by providing a small business atmosphere with large employer support. We offer competitive pay and an appealing benefits package. Hours of operation are flexible and provide for a healthy work-life balance. Our employees enjoy a high level of autonomy and opportunity and provide the nation's buildings with highly engineered, beautiful facades.
The Production Engineering Tech role with us isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
The Production Engineering Tech interprets information, approvals, and drawings and then uses this information to illustrate project requirements and product applications. They will utilize software packages to generate manufacturing drawings and a bill of materials for custom commercial window projects. Hours of this position are typically 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (Monday- Friday) with the expectation of overtime, when needed, due to workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read architectural drawings and interpret specifications
- Utilize software packages to generate complete and accurate information for a given project. (ie Auto cad, ERP)
- Research and analyze the sales, estimating, and production requirements of a given order or window series
- Research and analyze the engineering product standards and requirements of a project
- Produce output material at a high level of accuracy
- Champion safety, culture and process improvement
- Adherence to all safety policies and procedures
What OBE Offers You
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Associates Degree in an Engineering related program is preferred
- Proven proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of computers and preferred programs. (Preference, ERP, or AutoCAD)
- Must be able to multitask while performing with attention to detail and be able to self-check their own output
- of work to ensure accuracy
- Strong working knowledge of mathematics (e.g. algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and arrive at a logical solution
- Ability to manage own direction and workload with minimal supervision
- Aluminum window experience is preferred but other related fields are welcome
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- 401K - Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Wausau Job Segment:
AutoCAD, CAD, Drafting, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.