Clopay Corporation is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Product Engineer.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Resolve product related issues, including product design, feature enhancements, value engineering, installation, and applications. Works closely with Marketing, Sales, Production, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering, and purchasing.
- Implement strategic, multiple-plant, assigned product engineering projects via the engineering change process procedure. Completes other product engineering projects as assigned. Lead design engineer on projects with capital expenditures of typically no more than $250,000.
- Initiate and implement product improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Implement product changes and specification changes in a timely manner in conjunction with other functional areas throughout Clopay. Troubleshoot production problems directly related to engineering specifications and bills of material.
- Create detailed engineering analysis based on testing, experience, scientific theory, and engineering principles for use in the design and application of the product line or new product line extensions.
- Communicate product specifications and product changes to internal customers and helping communications to external customers. Use the Engineering Release/Notice procedure as the primary tool in accomplishing this task.
- Train and educate various internal and external customers on product offerings and product specifications. Internal customers include production, marketing, and sales. External customers include customers, consumers, and regulatory agencies (governmental, legal).
- Responsible for developing product costs and capital expenditure data as required.
- Travel as required to customers, manufacturing plants, vendors, and to provide other company representation.
- Assist sales representatives or customer in understanding their product requirements, installation methods, and their proper applications. Makes suggestions on available alternatives if possible.
- Coordinates testing, both internal and with 3rd party laboratories. Schedule testing, materials, testing standards, timing, and test reports.
- Qualifies product design changes and/or improvements by testing according to company, industry, or national standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required.
- Engineer with minimum of one year of product engineering experience (or co-op engineering experience) and exposure to various types of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to use common computer packages including CAD, spreadsheet, word processing, and capital expenditure programs. The knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs is a plus.
- Must be able to understand engineering principles, scientific theory, financial terms, and mathematics as well as be able to read, write, and interpret engineering documents and drawings and translate engineering jargon for customers, Marketing, Sales, and others.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance.
Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
This job has expired.