All pharmacy technicians work under the direction of Clinical Pharmacists to provide pharmacy services with compassion, excellence and efficiency. In addition, level III pharmacy technicians participate in department leadership activities, management of pharmacy associates, service line development and quality medication management as assigned.
•The Certified Pharmacy Technician III / Medication History Technician will work primarily in the Emergency Department but also in Day Surgery, Pre-admission testing and on the inpatient nursing units.
•The basic function will be to obtain accurate home medication histories by chart review, patient interview and phone calls to retail pharmacies and physician offices. May use medication history software and state databases to gather home medication histories.
•Other duties will include updating computerized home medication data bases and reconciling these lists to orders written upon admission to the hospital.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region's most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.Requirements:
- •The associate is expected to have completed all training and educational requirements as stated by the Texas Board of Pharmacy upon hire, preferred
- •Has completed training and competency assessment for medication reconciliation within or 90 days after hire.
- •Modest computing skills: ability to use PC for word processing and ability to learn programs necessary to complete work.
- •Customer service skills
- •2 years' work experience in a retail or hospital pharmacy experience preferred•
- Possession a current Pharmacy Technician Certificate as issued by the Texas Board of Pharmacy, preferred
- •Has successfully passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam, preferred
- •National PTCB Certified, preferred