How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Inventory Specialist in the Pharmacy orders and maintains appropriate par levels of medications and supplies and managing shortages and back orders, requires communication with Pharmacy Director and pharmacy staff of any ongoing shortages, obtains drop-shipped items, is responsible for adhering to hospital contracts that affect the pharmacy purchasing., is accountable for wrong or damaged goods that are received, controls the paperwork and computer work involved with invoices, accounting and payments, responsible for interdepartmental billing and for coordinating the annual drug inventory.
Required Minimum Education:
Required Minimum Experience:
- High School graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Degree.
Required Minimum Certification:
- One year of experience in specific areas of the Pharmacy.
- Exposure and/or experience in high risk areas (e.g. Specialty IV Admixture, Purchasing/Inventory Control, Controlled Substance Distribution and Accountability.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician from the National Technician Licensing Board.
- Registered with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy
- Basic typing skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and other general computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Basic management skills. Good "problem solving" skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to push a transportation cart of approximately 100 pounds.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!