*May be eligible for $3,000 sign on incentive**
*Relocation Assistance Available*
*Up to $10,000 in tuition loan repayment*
Billings Clinic AllCare Pharmacy offers personalized pharmacy services to residents in a variety of settings including, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and independent living facilities. The pharmacist in charge will supervise the daily operations of a staff of 10 serving multiple facilities around the region.
As a member of the Pharmacy Leadership Team, the Pharmacist in Charge is responsible for for leading, developing, and implementing pharmacy services to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of Billings Clinic and the Pharmacy Department. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice within the Pharmacy and key stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
• Works with the manager to develop, expand, and oversee pharmacy services locally and within the region to ensure adherence to organizational and departmental mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business strategies. Responsible for promotion of, and adherence to, corporate compliance program.
• In collaboration with pharmacy, medical staff, administration, and health care providers, develops and implements short and long-range strategies. Also leads, develops, and revises programs which enhance department and organization services.
• Leads the growth and strategic development of pharmacy services in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with providers and other Billings Clinic leadership to assure continuity in pursing pharmacy and organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
• Coordinates and develops collaborative relationships with Billings Clinic departments.
• Leads departmental and interdisciplinary team meetings to promote coordination of services as appropriate. Participate, and lead as appropriate, in regulatory, clinical, and quality committees as needed by department.
• As appropriate, serves as senior clinical staff person and provide guidance for clinical operational aspects of all programs. Provide oversight of all clinical decision-making aspects of all programs. Ensure that qualified clinicians are accountable to the organization for decisions affecting consumes/patients.
• Gathers, analyzes, and trends clinical, financial, and statistical data to evaluate and improve the quality of care, safe and reliable care, adverse outcomes, cost-effective pharmaceutical therapies, and service improvements. Develops, maintains, and presents accurate, credible reports regarding patient outcomes associated with services and clinical, financial, and quality impacts, as directed.
a) Evaluates financial opportunities for pharmacy services
b) Reviews patient outcome trends for pharmacy development and service expansion opportunities
c) Quantifies pharmacy services impact in outcomes measures
• Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department. Identifies issues/concerns relating to personnel, workflow, safety, medication errors, etc. and works collaboratively with the Manager to resolve. Develops and maintains policies and procedures that reflect best practices and current workflow.
• Maintains knowledge of current trends and development within healthcare and pharmaceutical therapies. Utilizes appropriate information resources to respond to various inquiries and information requests and resolve problems. Facilities clinical consultation and clarification to medical staff and practitioners as appropriate.
• Leads, recruits, develops, mentors, and retains a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of Billings Clinic. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure enough qualified and competent staff to provide pharmacy services. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management. Assists management with personnel, may include but not limiting to:
a) Maintains all required employee information in departmental files
b) Conducts periodic and annual employee performance evaluations
c) Processes employee payroll and completes staffing schedule
d) Conducts coaching/counseling, disciplinary and improvement plans with employees
• Develops and implements orientation and educational programs for pharmacy service area. Develops, maintains, and assesses a standardized process for conducting training, education, and competency. Competency assignments, at a minimum, should cover basic pharmacy processes, policies, and protocols, as well as regulatory-required topics.
a) Provide instruction for new policies, processes, and protocols.
b) Conduct regular needs assessment of staff
c) Conduct regular staff rounding and check-in points
• Coordinates education within pharmacy service area as appropriate for pharmacy learners. Works closely with Pharmacy Leadership, Pharmacy staff, and others throughout the organization to ensure a positive learning environment.
a) Work with preceptors to provide learners with appropriate and adequate instruction, supervision, and assessment.
b) Utilize feedback from students, preceptors, and schools of pharmacy to continually improve the rotations offered.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes.
• Knowledgeable and competent in pharmacy duties to assist in pharmacy service staffing as needed.
• Works with team(s) to meet regulatory and/or accreditation standards for pharmacy service area. Implements corrective action plans as needed.
Jefferson City, Missouri
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago