Schedule: Rehab Services Department. Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
In a clinical setting, performs a variety of patient service and administrative duties and office work. Typically requires experience. Must be patient focused.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedules patient appointments
- Obtains referrals
- Collects copayments and registers patients.
- Assists in training other staff members in front desk responsibilities.
- Coordination of patient care amongst speech, occupational and physical therapy, as well as therapist schedules.
- Additionally has responsibility for billing, patient flow, medical record preparation
130About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we've been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in Medical Environment or clinical practice Acute Hospital experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, the interdisciplinary team, and colleagues to achieve clinical goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: communicating in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities of the position with patients with use of interpreter, cultural differences, department age ranges and special needs the patient may have.
- Understanding of HMO, Managed Care and various coverage options.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee's protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.