VICE PRESIDENT INFORMATION TEC (UA-VPIT-IUINA)
The Enterprise Support division within University Information Technology Services (UITS) provides technology support services for students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, donors, and other external audiences at Indiana University. The support is broad, deep, and structured to assist with the use of technology in their work, studies, and research. Our consultants provide technical support via phone, chat, email, walk-in, in the online IU Knowledge Base, in Student Technology Centers and campus housing.
Our mission, vision and core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to accomplish, which helps us to make amazing things happen.
Mission: Empowering the IU community to succeed through excellent IT services and support.
Vision: Utilize innovation, technology, and human resources to provide best-of-class IT support, services, and user communication to the IU community.
Success through empowering people
Understanding our clients' needs
Participating in meaningful partnerships
Providing an environment for innovation
Outstanding service is our norm
Respect and integrity underpinning all
Teamwork and communication in everything we do
Come join our team! We are currently hiring within Frontline, the group within University Information Technology Services (UITS) which provides tier 1 technical assistance to the IU Community. At University Information Technology Services (UITS) we ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being through programs supported university wide.Job Summary
The award-winning University Information Technology Services (UITS) Support Center is currently hiring part-time hourly consultants to join our team. Consultants in this entry level position gain valuable client service experience and technical knowledge that will improve their career marketability. This is a fantastic part-time opportunity for students. Numerous former consultants have moved on to full-time positions within the Support Center and other groups within University Information Technology Services (UITS) and the university.
- Provides tier 1 technical assistance to students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, donors and other external audiences via phone, chat, email, and walk-in.
- Provides tier 1 technical assistance by supplying accurate information, analyzing, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Provides support to clients to resolve problems for multiple service areas, including but not limited to:
- Desktop and mobile computing device platforms (including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and others).
- Central systems (email, learning management systems, storage platforms, etc.).
- Campus networking (wired and wireless connectivity).
- Documents all client interactions accurately and promptly.
- Assumes ownership and responsibility for the needs of the client by following up with clients until a satisfactory resolution is reached. As necessary, escalates unresolved issues to the appropriate supervisors, tier 2 staff, and administrators.
- Maintains awareness of organizational/system changes and current issues affecting clients.
- Uses all available tools to assist in problem solving. Researches answers when not immediately knowledgeable using online resources.
- Involves Support Advisor or Supervisor, when necessary, in defining and resolving a problem.
- General knowledge at the high school level.
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- Client service experience.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proven technical abilities.
- Delivers concise, effective, and respectful communication.
- Provides accurate and complete documentation.
- Adheres to work schedule.
- Works effectively with others.
- Makes timely and effective decisions based on available information.
- Encourages and is receptive to suggestions and solutions from others.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and to operate computers and other related technical equipment. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Phone, email, and chat shifts will be conducted in either a work-from-home environment or an in-office environment and may transition back to a full-time in-office environment at a later date. To be considered for work-from-home, consultants are required to have their own computer, high speed internet, and a quiet place to work.Work Location
This position is eligible to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work), subject to change based on university policy and business needs.Advertised Salary
Starting wage is $13.00 per hour ($13.50 per hour for after-hours shifts).
Consultants may be eligible for a $1.00 raise upon completion of their first 90 days of employment. Work Hours
This position will work 20 to 29 hours per week.
Must be able to work evening and/or weekend shifts.
Ability to work at least 2 full semesters.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single client contact. Our support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and our schedules are set on a per semester basis. Schedulers request availability from every part-time consultant before the start of each semester (fall, spring, and summer) to create a semester schedule. Shifts are assigned based on a combination of staffing needs, consultant availability, seniority, and attendance history. Schedulers work to accommodate class schedules making this a perfect opportunity for students!Job Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.