Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Network Engineer II (Hybrid)
The Network Engineer II will provide leadership, planning, design, implementation, maintenance and support of the network infrastructure. The responsibilities will include working with the following services: WAN/LAN network design/administration, virtualization, enterprise wireless, cloud architecture/design, SAN fiber, network load balancers, business continuity/disaster recovery and performance tuning/monitoring.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Lead and collaborate with IT engineers to design and build technology solutions and architecture to support the technical and business project portfolio. This includes determining appropriate technical and functional requirements for technology solutions.
- Serve as escalation on operational issues and the subject matter expert for the following: Ethernet switching, enterprise wireless, WAN/LAN, QoS, layer BGP, OSPF, FHRP's, SAN networking (NPIV, zoning, etc.), VRF-Lite, VDC, fabric-path, enterprise wireless - 802.11g/n/ac VLANs, port trunking, EtherChannel, IPSEC and SSL.
- Participate, or as required, lead all phases of project life cycle for corporate initiatives - design, build and operate, ensuring network technology standards and baselines are in place, security practices are followed and documentation for operational hand over is created.
- Serve as subject matter expert on key network technology trends in the industry leading to innovative solutions for business problems and initiatives.
- Provide technical design, build, and support for expanding the network and cloud architecture. This includes ensuring appropriate network performance, capacity, resiliency and redundancy for all cloud based platforms - SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to network and data center operations topology.
- Lead the design, build and operation of disaster recovery network. The DR network will be tested annually to ensure SOX compliance.
- Responsible for network infrastructure annual budget process and development of an actionable 5-year road map for network technology refresh.
- Act as relationship manager and partner with InfoSec team to ensure the network infrastructure is designed, operated and maintained in a secure environment.
- 4-year degree in Information Technology / Computer Science field and a minimum of 7 years experience in network engineering is required.
- Cisco professional level cert - CCNA required
- Network design and standards, VRF-Lite, VDC, Fabric-Path, Enterprise wireless - 802.11g/n/ac, VLAN's, port trunking, and EtherChannel.
- Deep understanding of the following: BGP, OSPF, FHRP's, SAN networking (NPIV, zoning, etc.), QoS,
- Expert level in Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts with hands on experience.
- Proficient in VPN technologies utilizing IPSEC and SSL.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.