What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Merchandising Director - eComm Women's Apparel
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability - and everything in between.
As a Merchandising Director- eComm Women's Apparel, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you buy come to life online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you'll do...
As a Merchandising Director you you will work across all facets of the business, including but not limited to category strategy, team management, budgeting and forecasting, modular and assortments, replenishment and supplier negotiations. You will own and set the overall strategic direction for the business unit and align with broader Walmart strategies. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
You'll make an impact by:
- You enjoy owning and developing plans for highly complex category strategy, supporting long term business plans and executing prioritized strategic initiatives.
- You are data savvy: you can analyze competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- You are omni channel customer focused: You make customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints. Constantly incorporate applicable and actionable customer feedback. Understand customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels. Guide suppliers and vendors in the development of customer focused processes and products.
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
Benefits & Perks:
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing cost and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience.
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and Ecommerce experience.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising , or related field and 5 years' experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area. OR 7 years' experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
2 years' supervisory experience.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team, Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers
Masters: Business AdministrationPrimary Location...
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world." - Hannah, Sourcing ManagerAll the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+