Mechanics inspect, diagnose, maintain or repair the crane systems, from its body to engines and electrical or computer systems. Fleet vehicles include cranes, crane equipment, boom trucks, trailers, pickup trucks, and semis.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on diesel engines, booms, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes and other basic components
* Operate hoists, forklifts, and/or hand trucks to handle, dismantle and reassemble heavy material and equipment
* Ability to operate and perform a thorough inspection of machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects, faults, or malfunctions and determine required repairs
* Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers and OEM specifications
* Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
* Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
* Fabricates, modifies, and installs special equipment or replacement parts using specialty tools
* Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
* Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems
* Repair and replace damaged or worn parts on vehicles and equipment
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or GED
* Associates or Vocational degree preferred
* Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
* 5+ years' of mechanical experience, crane preferred, or equivalent training
* 3+ years' experience in diesel, gasoline, and propane engines
* Advanced ability to interpret instructions and blueprints
* Advanced mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
* Advanced time management and communication skills
Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services; including transportation, risk management, and safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Commerce City, Colorado
Posted 24 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago