Come join our awesome team as an MDS Nurse at Maplewood Care Center. We are offering generous retention incentives of $8,000 for RN and $7,000.00 for LPN!
Maplewood Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
MDS Nurse highlights:
• Generous "refer a friend" bonuses
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The primary purpose of the MDS Nurse is to plan and organize the MDS/RAI process in coordination with the RAI/PPS Coordinator.
MDS nurses are an invaluable part of our clinical team. Ensuring the accuracy of medical records and coding procedures is essential for our facility to receive proper reimbursement. You will become a residents' rights advocate, educating each resident of their legal rights, as well as continuously monitoring, evaluating, and managing the care given to residents.
- Completes the minimum data set assessment (MDS) and Care Area Assessment (CAAS).
- Ensure that care plans accurately reflect the cares and clinical monitoring provided.
- Monitors regulatory compliance for completion of MDS/RAI process
- Informs IDT members of validation errors as appropriate.
- Follows the HCFA Correction Policy for corrections.
Maplewood Care Center is a skilled nursing and memory care rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on the Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short drive from St Paul and Minneapolis. We employ hardworking individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day always brings a smile to those who need it.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
Job Requirements:Required qualifications:
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Displays knowledge of RAI/PPS process.
- Ability to prioritize duties, and work independently.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
- Team player with ability to function within interdisciplinary team.
- Current RN or LPN licensure in the sate of employment
Registered Nurse with previous long- term care experience with working knowledge of the RAI process.
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Maplewood, MNJob Type
Health Care, Nurse, OtherExperience
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
This job has expired.