At Western Metals Recycling (WMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at WMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, WMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
WMR is the Intermountain West's largest scrap metal recycler with recycling facilities located in Colorado, Nevada and Utah. Our processing capabilities include automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, extensive transportation services, and railcar dismantling. WMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company which has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.ResponsibilitiesThis position includes a $3.00 shift differential.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Wear proper PPE as required.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Removing metals and debris from conveyor belt.
- Work in outdoor and indoor environments
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general cleanup of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed
- Preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment but not limited to shredder, eddy current, etc., as required.
- Change liners, grates, hammer, etc. on the shredder
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the Facility Manager/Supervisor.
- Experience using a front-end loader, excavator, forklift, skid steer or scrap handler in an Industrial/Outdoor Work Environment.
- Workweek schedule: M-F 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM and Saturdays/Sundays as needed.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to walk up several flights of stairs and work at heights above one story Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles.
- Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions.
- Stable work history.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends, and holidays: including overtime and six days a week as required by production as well as in varying indoor/outdoor industrial working conditions.
- Able to complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Strong mechanical abilities (welding, fabrication, knowledge of tools, etc.) a plus.
- Previous maintenance background a plus.
- Ability to identify and differentiate metal materials, preferred.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and effectively communicate in English preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO Statement
Western Metals Recycling (WMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.WMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. WMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
WMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.WMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information | E-Verify Notice
This job has expired.