What you'll do...
Join the Litigation team and advise business and leadership about legal rights, obligations and risks while managing a docket of tort litigation cases for the world's largest retailer. The Lead Counsel - Tort Litigation role is critical for developing mitigation strategies by ensuring consistent implementation of company policies and practices, including those relating to litigation and appeals. You will draft litigation documents and collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate legal and business risk. You will also retain, manage and collaborate closely with outside counsel to drive case strategy, review and edit court submissions, and manage legal spend.
You'll make an impact by...
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Creating strategies for the Company's tort litigation portfolio
- Developing business best practices and procedures that will mitigate corporate risk
- Managing outside counsel and legal spend for a multi-state tort litigation portfolio
- Providing legal advice and counsel to Walmart Claims Services and other internal stakeholders
- Identifying the need for legal support for business transactions and projects
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- You're a subject matter expert in tort litigation, particularly as to premises security, across multiple jurisdictions
- You have first chair trial experience, particularly in tort litigation
- You're driven to execute and to act quickly
- You're process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years' experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years' experience leading cross-functional teams. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
This job has expired.