We are seeking a Laboratory Technician with Flow Cytometry + 2 years Post Bach experience to support the overall functions of the Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Microbiology (LCIM). Our NIAID professional, technical, and scientific support personnel are part of a team focused on positively impacting millions of lives around the world. Candidates will work at a diverse and vibrant NIAID worksite to directly support ongoing research activities as a contractor team member. Take the next big step in your career and apply below to help us make a difference.
CAMRIS International is a dynamic clinical research and international development firm that achieves innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices. Our core practice areas include: clinical research; vaccine research, microbiology and infectious disease research, development and production; biodefense; global health security; and HIV/AIDS programs.
Our employees enjoy a diverse, collegial environment where individual contributions matter at all levels. At CAMRIS, you will notably improve the lives of people at home and abroad.
- Perform with a variety of laboratory procedures and techniques such as: in working with mice, in flow cytometry, (live-cell) microscopy, sterile tissue culture handling, including processing and handling of potentially infectious biospecimens, basic molecular biology/biochemistry techniques that can include nucleic acid isolation, molecular cloning, PCR, transfections/transductions, immunoblotting, immunoprecipitations, protein expression and purification.
- Maintain congenic, transgenic, or knockout mouse lines.
- Provide and maintain accurate daily laboratory records of experiments and their results. Write reports of findings, state methods and procedures, including any modifications employed for specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Collect and organize data, perform data analysis and interpret the results of experiments. Work quickly and efficiently to generate high quality, reproducible data.
- Assist other lab staff in carrying out experiments under their direction, using the above skills and by learning new laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Catalog and label laboratory samples. Help maintain and organize inventory of biospecimens and metadata, and with managing inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, SOPs, and inventories.
- Work collaboratively with others in the lab to generate data for publications.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc.
- BS degree in biological sciences, chemistry, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a group, team-oriented working environment, and support others in a collegial, open, respectful, and interactive working manner.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
CAMRIS International LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.CAMRIS.com . CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, defined as two doses of Moderna, two doses of Pfizer, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, is required for this position.
This job has expired.