Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
Position Type: Hourly
Sign-On Bonus: $1000
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese's Pieces, Reese Cups, Reese Shapes, Reese Bars, Mr. Goodbar, Mounds, Almond Joy, NutRageous, Oh Henry, FastBreak, Whatchamacallit, Baking Chips, etc. in a high-speed complex environment.
- Starting pay rate: $33.13 per hour
- $1.00 per hour shift differential for working 2nd or 3rd shift
- $1000 Sign on bonus
- Overtime potential
- Manufacturing Incentive Plan (MIP) Eligible
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting Day 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays
- 2nd Shift work schedule: Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- 3rd Shift work schedule: Sunday - Thursday from 10:00 pm - 6:00 am
- Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs. Once your training period begins, you will be assigned to 1st shift for approximately 4 weeks, then moved to 2nd or 3rd shift. You will be eligible to bid on other schedules, shifts and jobs when they are posted.
- Regular schedule is 8-hour shifts. Mandatory overtime could be weekly, daily and/or weekends.
Interview / Hiring / Selection Process:
- Potentially qualified applicants will complete a written NOCTI skills assessment at the Stuarts Draft plant
- Candidates that pass the written NOCTI skills assessment will be scheduled for an onsite interview, followed by a hands-on skills assessment at the Stuarts Draft plant
- Post-offer Drug Screen & Background Check required
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic:
- Maintains equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
Required background skills and minimum qualifications shall include:
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in the industrial, military, or owner/operator trades environment. Food manufacturing experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must be able to effectively function in a fast-paced team environment
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be flexible to work any shift and work weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a basic understanding of PC's and basic computer skills, machine shop & welding skills
- Must achieve a passing score on both a written and practical mechanical assessment
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is preferred
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices is preferred
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is preferred
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is preferred
- Experience with SAP Maintenance module is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment, confined spaces, stand, reach, stoop, crawl, walk, climb ladders and bend
- Work will be performed within a manufacturing facility
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to include but not limited to safety toe shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump camps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
- Wearing company issued uniforms is a requirement
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check results consistent with The Hershey Company's employment policies. Background checks may include but are not limited to the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, social security number verification, and/or drug test.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).