The Vertex Companies, LLC is a leading multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm that provides forensic consulting, engineering design, construction management, claims & dispute resolution, environmental, and digital solutions to insurance carriers, sureties, law firms, real estate owners, property managers, public agencies, and commercial clients.
VERTEX is seeking an experienced hygienist certified in Asbestos Monitoring to join our growing Industrial Hygiene & Building Sciences practice in our Dallas/Ft Worth area office.
- Conduct tasks related to project monitoring, Asbestos/Lead surveys, IAQ/mold assessments, and/or other project assignments as appropriate.
- Perform air monitoring duties for asbestos abatement activities - from inspection to abatement oversight and monitoring
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Prepare portions of Asbestos Survey and clearance reports, IAQ/Mold assessments, and/or other technical assessment reports
- Maintain consistent communication of project progress with the assigned project manager from start to finish of the project.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Prepare Health and Safety Plans/Job Safety Analyses for sites.
- Meet utilization and other performance metrics
- HS degree or equivalent (Bachelor's degree in environmental science or related field preferred)
- Prior experience performing asbestos project monitoring activities
- Current Asbestos Project Monitor certification required
- Health and Safety Certification required
- Ability/willingness for frequent regional travel for fieldwork, up to 80% with some overnight travel
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English - good technical report writing skills
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 582 Certification preferred
- Medical Monitoring pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) and OSHA 10 or 30-hour training preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
VERTEX offers a solid total compensation package including base salary and discretionary bonus plan. We also offer a robust benefits package including, healthcare (with multiple plan options) and dental; Company-paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability. We offer a 401k plan with immediate match and vesting, Flex Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, and other perks. We provide a generous paid time off plan for eligible employees including 15 days of vacation, 64 hours of sick time, and 9.5 paid holidays (prorated for eligible part-time employees). Our "Lifetime of Learning" program also offers tuition reimbursement and additional support for pursuing advanced education, to help employees grow their skills and careers.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at .
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.Videos To Watch
This job has expired.