This job has expired.
The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) is seeking a dedicated and hardworking team player to join us in our mission to enhance the quality of life for Nebraskans by building and maintaining a convenient, safe, and innovative statewide transportation system!
We reward our employee's hard work with a friendly and supportive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package which include:
• State-matched retirement contribution of 156%!
• 13 paid holidays
• Generous leave accruals that begin immediately
• Military leave
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Dependent tuition reimbursement program with partnering Nebraska community colleges
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) through the Federal government
• 79% employer paid health insurance plans
• Dental and vision insurance plans
• Employer-paid $20,000 life insurance policy
• Wide variety and availability of career advancement as the largest and most diverse employer in the State
• Opportunity to be part of meaningful work and make a difference through public service
• Training and Development based on your career aspirations
• Job security and stability, even during times of economic hardship
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fun, inviting teammates
At NDOT, we strongly believe in the value of diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We welcome applicants of all ages and experiences, including those who are early in their career. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply, as we believe that unique viewpoints and experiences bring a valuable perspective to our team.
Pay rate of $16.626 (Effective July 1, 2023, pay rate will increase to $19.120). Proficiency and certification in the operation of heavy highway maintenance equipment will result in eligibility for promotion to a Highway Maintenance Worker/Senior at $17.901 (Effective July 1, 2023, pay rate will increase to $20.586).
Please reach out to Alexis Vlademar, Talent Acquisition Partner, at 402-525-2304, if you have questions or to learn more.
Apply today using our new quick apply process! Just attach your resume when prompted. No resume? Use the text box provided to tell us about your experience and qualifications.
Examples of Work
• Operates specialized equipment working on the Striping/Bridge Crew such as pavement stripers, semi truck trailers, arrow board truck, hydro platform, concrete screed, and jackhammers.
• Safely moves, drags, lifts, loads and unloads various equipment, materials such as paint beads, paint, supplies, and hazardous materials or objects from the roadway within weight restrictions; spreads and tamps surfacing materials.
• Identifies preventative maintenance needs for assigned equipment and participates with other agency employees in equipment servicing and repair; maintains grounds and buildings of maintenance yards.
• Operates all types of highway or other maintenance equipment such as: trucks, rollers, front-end loaders, tractors, motor graders, snowplows, snow blowers, draglines, backhoes, distributors, etc.
• Patches roadways, other broad pavement surfaces, and structures; repairs signs; erects and removes snow fences; repairs bridges, culverts, and other structures.
• Works in all types of weather.
• Payroll Detail System (timesheet data entry).
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
PREFERRED: Experience in the operation of heavy equipment or farming background. A valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with tanker endorsement. Commercial Pesticide applicator's license. Basic computer experience.
OTHER: A valid Class A Commercial Drivers license with tanker endorsement is required within 6 months of employment. Required training and costs associated with obtaining the CDL will be paid for by the Department. Must be a safe worker that is team-oriented. Regular and reliable attendance is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be able to safely move, drag, and lift 35 pounds frequently, up to 60 pounds occasionally (without assistance), and 90 or more pounds infrequently (with assistance); climb, bend, or stoop; work in outdoor temperature extremes and work around high-speed traffic. Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision. Ability to communicate effectively both to give and receive instructions. Must be able to report to work for snow and other highway emergencies within 40 minutes under normal driving conditions and be placed in an "on-call" status.
NDOT encourages applicants of all ages and experiences to apply.
Posted 5 minutes ago
Posted 5 minutes ago
Posted 5 minutes ago