Title: Field Services Engineer II
Location: Kennewick, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Provides on-site second tier and Field Engineering service support. Responsible for ensuring appropriate availability, performance and recovery operations for Manufacturing/Warehousing infrastructure. Duties will include a focus on the design and build components of Manufacturing Capital Improvement Projects-collaborating with Plant/Warehouse customers and IT associates to determine technology requirements, along with installation and configuration of hardware/software, upgrading of Plant/Warehouse technology and planning/executing complex IT infrastructure projects. Incumbent works closely with manager and Lead Field Services Engineers, overcoming geographical separation, ensuring optimized use of skills sets and all tools at his/her disposal to accomplish the work at hand. The Field Services Engineer II takes initiative to assist peers, customers and suppliers to best understand the basis of what actions they take, the impact of these actions and why they have followed or will follow a given course.
- Provide technical support on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures
- Perform remote or on-site servicing and/or repair of company products/services
- Collaborate to implement best practice system solutions and process changes.
- Document functional requirements and ROI opportunities. Identify and address root causes of business process problems.
- Design functional solutions that enable process change, continuous improvement and competitive advantage.
- Implement Plant system security controls according to established standards, implement and maintain secure supplier remote access solutions for line of business machines collaborating with Information Security.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to meet business availability needs. Ensure availability and recovery requirements are implemented according to established architectural and design standards.
- Collaborate with customers and IT peers to understand Plant system requirements for performance, recommend enhancements to established standards, implement and conduct tests to ensure acceptable performance thresholds are achieved.
- Analyze, deliver and maintain Plant client, server and network technology according to business and technical requirements.
- Actively contribute to requirements gathering process focusing on infrastructure components. In production support scenarios, support identification of incident trends and build proactive plans to eliminate.
- Collaborate with application designers and vendor solution providers to proactively model optimized infrastructure solutions.
- Comprehensively test all infrastructure components of IT solutions to ensure business requirements are met.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Adhere and comply with System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Release Management processes and procedures.
- Manage stages of projects through uniquely assigned project manager roles and responsibilities. Execute project management disciplines to ensure project activities and tasks are delivered on time, within budget and according to approved scope and quality requirements.
- Conduct effective investigation, diagnosis and root cause analysis of Incidents / problems. Develop, Implement and document solutions in a timely manner and validate with system users that service has been restored.
- Conduct proper urgency, impact and risk assessment of change requests. Plan, schedule, implement and document changes in accordance with core SDLC and Change Advisory Board processes.
- Execute timely and accurate time tracking of all work hours. Contribute to accurate estimation of work activities and tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree preferred. Focus on computer science, information systems or a related field desired.
- Minimum of 2-year college degree
- Two years' experience with desktop / server hardware and software installation and support required
- Exceptional oral and written communication and customer service skills required
- Display a high sense of urgency, adaptability and flexibility in a fast-changing environment
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities including analytical, prioritization, and escalation
- Ability to work within the multiple departments internal to IT
- Planning skills
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Operating Systems, Office, Networking, Mobile Devices, and computer hardware
- A+ and Network + certification is preferred
- Basic technical understanding of networking technology (Wi-Fi, switches, LAN, etc.).
- Ability to manage a 4-year technology refresh cycle
- Understanding of desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals
- Ability to perform computer imaging
- DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, Windows Server 2016/2019 administration experience desired.
- Ability to be on a regular on-call rotation and willing to travel as needed for projects.
- VMWare ESX administration experience desired.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-232174
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $65,510.00 - $98,250.00Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.