Plant Name: Cannon Falls - 101045
Join Mauser as a Fabricator-Welder!
Based out of our 80,000 square foot climate controlled clean shop, you will build and install custom equipment for the container reconditioning industry.
In addition to working out of your assigned location, you will also travel to other Mauser locations in the US to install equipment once constructed.
This role involves applying mechanical, welding and fabrication expertise in determining work methods and procedures for building quality equipment and ensuring safe installation of such equipment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, personal care, paints and chemicals.
As an experienced Welder/Fabricator at Mauser, your duties include:
- Fabrication of parts for equipment and installation of equipment at the appropriate site locations
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety policies, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Repair basic mechanical components and replace parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches
- Lubricate and clean machinery and support equipment to maintain housekeeping and preventive maintenance standards within the plant
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including Lockout/Tagout program, housekeeping and observes the operations to insure a safe work environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to travel (25 - 30% on average per year)
- Welding/Fabrication experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a maintenance related position within a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- General mechanical abilities and rigging of various pieces of machinery
- Fluent in MIG welding
- Ability to operate a Fork Lift, high quality welders, plasma cutters, overhead cranes and hand tools
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including amp meters, electric meters, and hydraulic gauges
- Basic understanding of systems, equipment and schematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills used to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use decimals and fractions
- Ability to perform work in a mature and professional manner, demonstrate personal responsibility, and perform all assigned duties
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.