Compensation: $17.00 hourly
Compass Health Network is seeking a Expressive Therapy Assistant. This position is responsible for providing expressive therapy services to patients, providing assistance to professional and paraprofessional staff members in providing quality expressive therapy services. Demonstrate competency in providing therapeutic group activities with preadolescents (3-12), adolescents (13-17) and adults (18 and older, including geriatrics).This position will also be responsible for individual patient assessments.
• Provide activity, art, music, or relaxation based therapy for patients of all age groups
• Provide a positive/supportive environment for all patients during Expressive Therapy groups
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication
• Plan and execute Expressive Therapy groups based on specific themes
• Provide groups that are therapeutic and meet treatment goals of all patients
• Adapt group plans based on the needs of patients
• Educate patients in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical and psychological needs
• Conduct Expressive Therapy groups that improve patients' mental and physical well-being
• Encourage patients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities, such as sports, games, arts and crafts, and other healthy coping skills
• Observe, analyze, and document patients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment programs as needed
• Develop an intervention plan to meet needs of patients, based on needs assessment, patient interests and objectives of therapy and record on MTP
• Communicate behavioral observations to members of the Expressive Therapy team
• High School/GED required
• Associates degree in therapeutic recreation, occupational therapy, art therapy, music therapy or related human services field preferred
At least two years of experience in mental health required if 60 hours of college credit is not obtained
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!