Summary of Role:
The Environmental Regulatory Engineer at FAB 8 Malta will be part of a team of environmental regulatory and compliance professionals across two GLOBALFOUNDRIES fab sites in the Northeast (Fab 8 in Malta, NY & Fab 9 in Burlington, VT). This team is part of an integrated regional Environmental Health & Safety and Security Operations (EHSS Operations) organization.
This position will work directly with EHS, Manufacturing, and Facilities personnel to develop and improve upon EHS Programs to maintain best in class performance. This role will have the opportunity to learn and engage in a variety of environmental programs (Air Emissions, Wastewater Treatment, Chemical Management, and Waste Management) and will make direct contributions to the completion of various environmental deliverables.
- Resource conservation project tracking and reporting with a focus on GF's ISO, RBA, ESG, and corporate objectives. These will include but are not limited to the following: Greenhouse gas reductions, chemical reduction projects, water conservation, and landfill avoidance.
- Assist the Regional Environmental team with improving process documentation, developing metrics that demonstrate program health, and general business controls for the region.
- Partner with manufacturing, facilities, logistics, and quality to identify new opportunities and projects that will further contribute to regional environmental objectives and goals.
- Identify EHS award and recognition opportunities. Lead efforts to complete award application process by coordinating with Facilities, Manufacturing, and Logistics as applicable.
- Focal point for internal engagement, awareness, and communication on EHS topics.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Other duties as assigned to support EHS&S activities.
- Science or Engineering Degree in an EHS discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
- Team player; able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Expected Salary Range
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
$58,000.00 - $111,000.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
This job has expired.