GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Dockhand Crew Leader
Guest Services Inc. is seeking Part-time Dockhand Crew Leaders. Candidates must be highly service oriented, flexible to assist in multiple areas as needed, and comfortable working around water.
This position starts at $15.00/hr.
Locations include St. Andrews State Park in Panama City all the way down to Flamingo Adventures in South Florida and a few places in between. Although most of the work would be in North Florida, candidates will need to be willing to travel to other locations the rest of the time.
Guest Services Senior Living, LLC offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as a 401K savings plan, paid time off, and more!
The Dockhand Crew Leader is responsible for overseeing all Dockhands and assisting with all marina services offered, quality control, and cash handling procedures; maintains a clean and safe dock area, assists boaters with fueling, and secures guests' boats. The Dockhand Crew Leader reports to the DockMaster.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Oversee Dockhands; ensure all tasks are delegated and completed in a timely manner.
- Fuel boats while maintaining a safe environment, following appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Pump out boats.
- Maintain Marina maintenance, such as cleaning, weeding, removing trash, organizing, and ordering supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests, while directing customer issues to supervisor or unit manager.
- Assist with docking of boats.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to swim or be willing to wear personal flotation device while on duty.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.