The Director of Environmental and Sustainability will plan, organize, direct, and implement comprehensive strategies and programs for management of environmental aspects of company's operations and for the organization's sustainability commitment including:
- Implementation and continued development of company's environmental management system
- Compliance with environmental legal and regulatory requirements applicable to company's operations including required reporting (i.e., DMRs, Form Rs) and applications for new or renewed permits
- Management/resolution of instances of non-compliance
- Implementation and continued development of company's environmental audit activities
- Development and implementation of training programs
- Management of the review and analysis of new and changing regulations, including PFAs/PFOA, and ensuring that all appropriate company personnel are aware of such developments
- Management of historical cleanup sites involving operation and maintenance of established remediation systems or monitor only requirements (19 sites)
- Assist with management of any lawsuits or third-party claims relating to the environmental matters
- Environmental diligence and negotiation of risk/cost allocation in real property purchase and leasing and business acquisitions and divestitures
- Create and maintain environmental program documents, such as schedules and budgets
- Identification, collection and analysis of performance data
- Periodic reporting to senior management and Board of Directors
- Related duties as assigned
- Develop and execute strategies to reduce the environmental impact of the company's operations, including the establishment of strategies and goals regarding energy and water usage and other resource conservation, and recycling and waste elimination.
- Manage and further develop the company's systems for collection and dissemination of energy usage, water usage and waste generation and disposal data and develop other sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Chair company's ESG Committee and report to senior management and Board of Directors on committee work.
- Lead management responsibility for company's biennial sustainability report.
- Lead management responsibility for sustainability disclosure, including CDP, MSCI, and Sustainalytics disclosure requirements and standards and coordinating with legal team on SEC and other legally required disclosures.
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Evaluate proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Create and maintain sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities for sustainability.
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Remediation Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to influence without direct line authority
- Thorough and current knowledge of environmental and sustainability practices
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and environmental and sustainability database use
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years of business and/or management experience in environmental field, which could be with a law firm or corporate legal department
- Legal degree not necessary but helpful
EEO and Culture Statement:
Enpro is a leading industrial technology company focused on critical applications across many end-markets, including semiconductor, photonics, industrial process, aerospace, food and pharma, and life sciences. Enpro is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "NPO". For more information about Enpro, visit the company's website at www.enproindustries.com.
The company is a leader in a variety of critical sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials that safeguard critical environments where the cost of failure is catastrophic. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day - from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law."
This job has expired.